Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Fun(?)day

The other day when I was stalking browsing Facebook, I came across this:

It was like the Facebook gods were speaking directly to me. If I had to recreate this meme, it would go a little something like this:
-I Honestly Don't Think It's Physically Possible to Get Out of Bed
-I Honestly Don't Think It's Physically Possible to Get Out of Bed 2.0
-Really. Again? This is Worse Than Yesterday.
-I Can See the Light! I Guess I'll Go to Work Today
-Free At Last!
-Life Is Perfect. This Feeling Can, & Will, Never Go Away

Now, Sunday. Sunday is a two-parter. If you're anything like me, you spend the better part of Sunday basking in the glory that is doing nothing. In my ripe age of 28, I've even started waking up as early as possible so that I can have as many waking hours of nothingness as possible (who am I?!). Life is great, coffee is wonderful, the couch is my oyster. 

Then, 4:00 hits. The witching hour. 

4:00 on Sunday is like standing on the edge of the high dive with zero swimming experience. Everything is fine and dandy, life is whimsical & lovely, and then BAM. All of a sudden, you've forgotten what it feels like to shower first thing in the morning, prepare 3(!) meals a day, and engage in social interaction. All traces of responsibility are nowhere to be found. 

If I'm being honest here, I usually spend 4:00 on wallowing in my Sunday depression, and wait until 5 minutes before my husband says he's ready for bed to fly into a whirlwind of activity. All of a sudden, packing lunches, doing a load of laundry, and laying my outfit out are of utmost importance, and WHERE ARE MY RAIN BOOTS. My tired husband is too nice to leave me in the dust as I wring out any possible remaining waking moments before I lay my sad head down on my pillow.

Finally, it is bed time. I stay on my phone as long as possible (surely there's something I must have missed on Facebook/is it too late for a freak snow storm to close school?/etc.) to avoid sleep. Because sleep=waking up. And waking up the day after Sunday=I Honestly Don't Think It's Physically Possible to Get Out of Bed. Repeat.



Disclaimer: This cycle has nothing to do with my feelings about my job & students (both of which & whom I love more than anything) & more about my inability to fully embrace adulthood. Maybe one day.*

*Maybe not.


Erin :)







10 comments:

  1. LOL! You are so right! Maybe if school started around 10ish, Mondays would be a little better. It has nothing at all to do with the wonderful job, just the getting out of bed.

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I wake my son up and he looks at me with this awful look and says "Is this another school day?!?!
    5 days a week, every week, of every year!" He is 10 it's not like it's going anywhere…but I soooo know how he feels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact same way! Pre-Mondays always kill me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh, Erin! I am Lol! I feel the exact same way. My kids do too. There is this mix between a dark lull and a crazy panic that comes over the house around 5 on Sunday. We just got back from Disney Sunday morning, and yes, we were checking the weather hoping for a snow day. Guess what. We have a snow day today! It is so good to know we are not the only ones. And I also LOVE my students, but you know, being lazy or enjoying a relaxed pace is FUN!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...How great is that first Sunday night in June when you do NOT have school the next day?! I always text all of my teacher friends that night to savor the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby and I are both teachers. The Sunday Night Blues are totally a real thing around here!!!

    Lindsey
    Forever First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness.... So YOU are my long lost TWIN SISTER!!!!! Oh my goodness....I could have written the exact same post...but you NAILED IT ON THE HEAD :) Thank you so much for the giggle :)

    Hugs
    Anna
    Simply Skilled in Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally get this! I have to be at work at 5:30am and my week starts on Sunday. I couldn't live without my rain boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I call that Sunday feeling the "dark, scary feeling." I get it every Sunday evening-- particularly in the winter when it gets dark early. Caitlin (The-Room-Mom.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha--too funny! I am just loving all of these comments. A 10:00 start on Mondays would be wonderful, wouldn't it? I am counting the days until Summer! Only 136 days...

    ReplyDelete