Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Very Hungry Bright Idea

I came across this bright idea a month too late, as our Eric Carle unit was finished. But you bet your bottom dollar I'll be making this bad boy next year--it's too cute not to! I found this lovely and incredibly easy idea when I visited my friend who had just had a baby. Her nursery theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar and I about died when I saw this guy peeking up at me:
This would be super cute in a story pit or attached to the wall during an Eric Carle unit or even an Eric Carle-themed classroom! Simply glue green paper lanterns together with a red one on the end. Cut out felt or construction paper for the mouth and eyes, and hot glue thick brown pipe cleaners to the head for antenna. Slap the whole thing on a branch, and you've got yourself a Very Hungry Caterpillar! What a GREAT idea! Enjoy :)

For more bright ideas, please visit the link below to find grade-specific posts that strike your fancy!




1 comments:

The Big Apple Teacher said...

I have a very similar caterpillar in my room! It hangs from the ceiling with fishing wire.

Meredith
The Big Apple Teacher

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10